Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bill Callahan

Josh Ritter once said that "the days are nights and the nights are long" and I commend him for saying so. After a night of moving and shaking at the casbah for Hot Flashes, I've set aside a little down time for myself and you're all very welcome to join me. I'm keeping this short and sweet. Bill Callahan has carried me through this scorcher of a day and well into the shitstorm that appears to have taken life this evening. His song The Breeze/My Baby Cries follows simple, repetitive structure, consisting of a simple chord progression repeated for the duration of the song. His singing is strikingly characterized by his baritone voice and a style of delivery without being over-emotional. The song was written for a tribute album titled Loving takes It's Course celebrating the work of Kath Bloom. This wonderful piece of music should find a wider audience for the over-looked american folk-singer. I'm sure you'll enjoy this tune in or out of the rain tonight.
SHITSTORM BREAK!

MP3: Bill Callahan-The Breeze/My Baby Cries -->http://www.zippyshare.com/v/29019953/file.html